Thursday, January 31, 2013

Thirsty Thread: MODCLOTH

Image

Beau Brittania Dress


MODCLOTH: perfection of the balance between Vintage, Indie, & Retro


Here is my down-low on this lovely find:


I can honestly say that I accidentally fell upon this gem brand at (of all places) my local gym.  So, my secret to surpassing the time on the dreadful StairMaster for hours upon hours? Online-shopping/browsing/Tweeting/dilly-daddling. Amidst panting like a wild animal and collecting the sweat beneath me, I stumbled across this clothing site. It was love at first sight.... and I confidently felt one of Taylor Swift's love songs supporting in the background. Yes, THAT SERIOUS.

This Vintgage-Indie clothing site was founded in 2006 by Susan Gregg Koger, stitched by a vision and heart-felt passion for Vintage-esque wear. The company now consists of Indie-inspired designers who aspire to share their wonderful talents. The business still manages to maintain integral taste and sincerity, embroidered with high-quality intentions.

I WANTED EVERY PIECE OF CLOTHING ON THE SITE. But, in practice of exercising self-discipline, I succumbed to only ordering a single piece of clothing: a horizontal-striped dress known as The Brit Brittania. Upon arrival of my cherished find, I discovered the quality of the cotton fabric to be top-notch, the colors vibrant and rich, and the detailing (from the front pockets, to left-shoulder buttons) to be exquisite, yet unique. What I fancy most, is that any piece of ModCloth clothing makes for a perfect closet stable--- a blank canvas to embellish, to decorate, to create... to suite a classy, yet personal finish.

Highly-impressed & well-dressed,

Crystal Lynn

Cheers!

Digging for quality vintage? www.modcloth.com

No comments:

Post a Comment